Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Then there's a baby in the baby carriage!

We were on the 5 year plan when we got married, but like every other timeline we had set for ourselves, we decided we were ready earlier than 5 years!



December 28, 2011: I was in denial really, I knew I felt a little off, but I thought there was no way this was it. We had been trying for a few months and it honestly didn't seem real that we would actually get pregnant. I finally decided while I was at work that I would buy some tests on the way home even though I was convinced they would be negative. I didn't wait for Christopher to get home because, like I said, I just thought they would be negative. Imagine my shock when the second line we had been hoping for showed up before I even set the test down! I flipped. I cried. I danced around.  Our dogs probably thought I was crazy, I just couldn't believe it. I knew I had to do something cute to tell him but I didn't have a lot of time, so a simple letter from Baby telling Daddy that they couldn't wait to me him would have to suffice! We were thrilled....and a little scared!






August 21, 2012: I heard the dreaded words during pregnancy...high blood pressure. Then I heard the other dreaded words...bed rest. With the combination, the doctors decided to induce labor at 38 weeks, so we went to the hospital to have a baby! After 15 hours of labor with 2 hours of pushing, Nola Caroline arrived at 11:16pm weighing 7lbs 14oz and 20in long! She was a red head and she looked like her daddy and she was beautiful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment